Capsule toys

I will admit I am addicted to capsule toys. What are capsule toys ?
When you either put in ¥100 coin(s) in a round-shaped vending machine,
turn the dial, and out comes a small sphere plastic container,
containing a tiny capsule toy. They are basically toys in a various themes,
from figurines of anime, video games to weird crazy stuff.
They cost 200 to 400 yen depending on the object. Its kind of a gamble too
coz you are never sure which character you end up getting and if you go
to the same machine, you might end up with the same character again.
Here are how the machines look -



Here are some of my toys -



My favorite ones -


This one is from the Miyazaki classic - Lupin III -The Castle of Cagliostro


Here is my team mate Ben assembling his collection -

My teammate Sean has a more "interesting" collection -



But my absolute favorite find, which I must say is very rare and I had
very pieces only was - Poop on a stick that... lights up !


Now if Poop on a stick with a sad face that lights up wasn't weird enough,
it also comes with an extensible antennae to hold it up high(?) !


Now who would want to buy something like that seriously ?
Err..My teammates and I of course bought it as part of "cultural study"
but why would anyone sane wanna buy poop on a stick that lights up ??

Btw, good article on PingMag about capsule toys here.
top