My Apartment


So I have been allocated a great apartment on the 11th floor, all to myself.
It has living room, kitchen, bathroom with shower/tub, a separate toilet
room,a western style bedroom and a tatami room.
Now Japanese apartments are a little bit different in few aspects.
First rule, no shoes inside the apartment, change to your slippers
when you enter the apartment.
Second rule, Japanese bathroom are a bit different, you have the shower
and the tub, but you never put bubble bath or any kind of
soap into the tub. You take a shower first, clean yourself,
go into the tub (which according to Japanese style should have very hot
Water), soak in it, then come out and use the soap in the shower.
Traditionally, the hot water in the tub should not get dirty since
the same water is supposed to be used by other members of your family (!).
The toilet is awesome, I will need to do a separate blog entry for it,
but for starter let me tell you -it needs to be plugged in.
If you want to see the state of the art in toilet systems visit Japan.
It has temperature control for the seats, various systems for water
sprays and flushing etc. And of course you can do all this using the
touch sensitive interface panel on the side.I have 2 bedrooms to choose
from – a western style room and a tatami room,which actually is the
traditional Japanese room with Bamboo mats on the floor and a sliding
screen door.



I am using the western style room since the smell of the mats kind of
bothers me And also the western style room has a attached balcony .



Things I can do with the spare Tatami room (things suggest by my friends
actually) – meditate for spiritual enlightenment,practice samurai sword
fighting, do Yoga (since I am an Indian, and all Indians go Yoga of course).
Well....lets just keep it empty for now.

Well that's all about my apartment, Oh, and one minute thing, many apartments
have good views from their balcony, you know like greenery, parks or the
beach.

The view from my apartment ?

A state of the art artificial speed boat racing arena stadium !!
Yes ladies and gentlemen, I can look out of my balcony to see
speed boat racing tournaments...absolutely free...great view.



For example:
Hmm I have no movies to watch on my laptop-let me see some Speed boat racing.
Hmm...I am eating a banana ..let me watch the speedboat race and eat the banana.
Hmm...I have no work to do-let me watch some speedboat racing.
Hmmm...I have lots of work to do - let me watch some speedboat racing anyways.
Etc...etc...you all get the point I hope.
top